I have over twenty-five years experience in financial, tax (domestic and international), civil, criminal investigation and litigation. In addition, my experience in working with Tax Treaties and Tax Information Exchange Agreements provides an unique ability to take advantage of favorable tax treatment for Resident Aliens.
Most attorneys are legally trained, but they are not trained in investigations. Not only am I an attorney, but I possess unique investigative skills that are valuable and necessary to the successful practice of law. My investigative background together with my legal education and experience gives you the edge in any legal matter. You will benefit from my unique experience and training.
In addition, my first-hand experience with different federal and state agencies is a huge advantage in my private practice, enabling me to thoroughly understand cases from the perspectives of both the government and the private citizen.
I am a member of several professional organizations including: the American Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Texas Bar Association, the Virginia Bar Association, the Fairfax Bar Association and the McLean Bar Association.
I am a licensed attorney in Virginia, Mississippi and Texas, and am qualified to handle tax disputes both nationally and internationally.
I am also an active member of the Society of Former special Agents of the FBI, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Private Investigators Association of Virginia.
Office of Chief Counsel, IRS : Trial Attorney
Worked in following capacities:
- Litigated civil and criminal tax cases
- Advised civil and criminal IRS agents and divisions on legal matters and investigations
- Advised the US Department of Justice in civil and criminal tax matters and investigations
- Criminal tax grand jury investigations
- Tax Treaties and Tax Information Exchange Agreements
- International tax matters
- Manage foreign litigation in Caribbean countries
- Taught at Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Conducted educational tax courses for IRS civil and criminal agents
- Presented seminars to international tax forums
- Conducted Continuing Legal Education programs for the Department of Justice,the IRS and Office of Chief Counsel, IRS
Mississippi Attorney General’s Office : Special Assistant Attorney General
- Litigated civil/criminal cases in state and federal court
- Advised state agencies in litigation and other legal matters
- Represented various state agencies in federal and state courts
- Conducted statewide grand jury investigations into public corruption
- Prosecuted largest public corruption case at that time
Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Trained at FBI Academy, Quantico, VA and at US Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Assigned to San Francisco and Los Angeles FBI offices
- Conducted criminal and civil investigations
- Conducted background investigations
- Assigned to organized crime, financial crimes, crimes at airports and special surveillance groups
Pro Bono Work
I am a firm believer in public service, and work to ensure that the law protects the most vulnerable members of our society. I accept pro-bono work from various community organizations, on a case-by-case basis, mostly in the areas of juvenile representation and domestic abuse.
Outside of the office, I enjoy jogging, yoga, and meditation, as well as training and working with dogs–especially my rescue border collie, Sammy.